Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Poetry is a voice for the voiceless...

"Amidst the tearing and screaming, hope lingers between black and white lines, between the grandeur of what we long for and the squalor that presses cruel against the heels of the surviving spirit." -Staceyann Chin

I've long thought about what to do with my blog. Should it contain the ramblings that I have been known for? Or should I do something more emphatic with the opportunity that I have to give voice to other poets whose work I greatly admire? I've decided. My poet SPEAK blog will discuss, enumerate and expound on the greatest poets I've found and I'll include the works that I admire with an interpretation of the words that so greatly move me.

Am I a scholar? No, I'm a poet. I know what I think about the words. If you too have an interpretation of these things poetic, I'd love for you to share that with me so that we may have that dialogue on this blog. Let's create a community of poets and poetry aficionados here that are willing to share their voice so that we too may make the world change.

No comments:

Books

  • And their eyes were watching God by: Zora Neale Hurston
  • Purple Cow by: Seth Godin
  • Small is the New Big By: Seth Godin
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Movies

  • The Color Purple
  • Purple Rain
  • Love & Basketball
  • Brown Sugar
  • Ray
  • Love Jones
  • What's Love Got to do with it?
  • Hotel Rwanda