Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maybe not

I've been reading a lot lately and I've found one thing to be so totally and intrinsically true. You can't post people's poems all willy nilly. Especially if they're in the process of putting it in a magazine or other publication for publishing. I never knew that, and that's is absolutely ...well I'll not go there. In any case, I will just use my poor little blog to talk to you all in cyberspace.

I'm working on some creativity workshops. This has to be the most interesting thing I've done in a while but my focus is just not here. The more I tell myself to become more focused and disciplined, the less focused and disciplined I become. My "boss" came in here a while ago bringing another person from another somewhere to look at my students and see what they were doing, like they're science experiments or something. She walked around the class, looking at the logos they were designing shaking her head, nodding and asking questions. My students generally hate that. I'm pretty sure too, that this woman was not introduced by title or whatever position she's supposed to be occupying or applying for. They may be trying to replace me. Oh well. I'm ready to go out with a blaze of glory...well not literally, I'm just ready to go. My students and I were all counting and it's about 40+ days until the end of school. Everyone is ready.

No comments:

Books

  • And their eyes were watching God by: Zora Neale Hurston
  • Purple Cow by: Seth Godin
  • Small is the New Big By: Seth Godin
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Movies

  • The Color Purple
  • Purple Rain
  • Love & Basketball
  • Brown Sugar
  • Ray
  • Love Jones
  • What's Love Got to do with it?
  • Hotel Rwanda